Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Writing Resolutions

A New Year means Resolutions Abound...


It's not even two days into the new year, and I'd like to say that I've already started keeping up with my resolution. I've been writing, and yesterday I finished reading a new story. Venus in Furs was amazing, and it also helped loosen the binds that are so often on my fingers.

Besides just writing this year, I want to work on actually making it a living. As far as talent, I'd like to think I have that, but discipline... as I've written before, I really need to work on that. Therefore, I'm going to seclude myself as much as possible.

I'm already an introvert, but I'm going to do it the proper way: alone in my room, music without words, and limited internet dicking around. It will also mean writing more here. I think that I might also try Tumblr, but that's a very big might. I honestly don't understand many of these social websites, and I'm not sure I want everyone able to say that they wrote my words.

In conjunction with working on my writing writing, I'm going to become a better diarist. I've really been twiddling my thumbs when it comes to what's going on in my life, and I think that if I journal, it'll help me with all my other words. I'm trying to see if I can get a job writing as well, since it seems to be my greatest talent.

Now, I should probably get back to this article that I'm writing, and finish it before it reaches 3 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment