Thursday, October 24, 2013

October Writing Update

I have been slower with my writing than I care to admit. There are so many projects taht I have to finish that i'm seriously trying to put myself on a schedule, but I've never done well on a schedule. I might make one that accomodates my sleeping habits and things of that nature.

Apparently, to become a great writer, you must write. It sounds like the most simple advice, but it can be super tricky. Technically, writing this update counts as working on writing, but it isn't really the genre that I really find myself leaning towards. I'm happy that I have some halfway decent non-fiction skills, I think they may come in handy for writing one day.

There is a long story, something of a novel, that I should really work on. It's the first piece that I've ever written that has an outline. I'm less than one quarter of the way through, and somewhat stuck because the style that I chose to write it in is quite different from what I am used to writing. It's very plush, and I try to be hyper descriptive, but it's not always the best.

There are some short stories I know I should write, some thing that could definitely be money makers. I know I can write fetish stories, and I think I need to further explore fetishes before reaching out to that market truthfully.

Editing... I haven't edited anything of my own in ten thousand years. Yes, I'm exaggerating, but it feels as if it's been that long. I have a children's story that I need to edit, but I'm not quite sure how I should go about it. There are a lot of places that need serious rewording, but I'm not sure how to reword it. I know that's one of the most important things, since editing takes multiple multiple drafts. I might start an entry on editing soon.

Reading... I finished Phantom of the Opera, I enjoyed it, but I'm trying to figure out what I should next read. I have a few hardcopy books that I should probably get to cracking, so that might be my next literary thing.

I'm not sure what else to write, so I will leave it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment