Thursday, July 24, 2014

What I've Been Up To

As of recently, writing on the computer has become a bit of a hassle. I have no laptop, and using my house Mac (and that disgusting chicklet keyboard) makes me want to bash my head against the wall.Right now I'm taking the opportunity to take advantage of a Dell keyboard, and gets to writing, or rather, typing.

I've been working on fiction, but it's been pen to paper. Because I have some stories locked in a coma on my external hard drive, but to access it, I think I need to be on a PC, not a Mac, at least to actually do writing and editing. I'm working on a story whose outline I wrote a long time ago. I'd tried to write this story, actually flesh it out, at least half a dozen times. I've done the first two scenes half a billion times in my head. Now I'm actually making headway.

One of the things that I've realized as a writer is that I need to not take my outline as the concrete plan I must follow. An outline has become just that, an outline. And because of the way the story started to flow, I've had to change the order of things, and I've had to add new scenes in. I think I want this story to be more romantic erotica than the teen angst erotica that I was going for, even though it's still a teenage story.

On top of that, I've also been working on doing small things, short pieces and flash fiction. I really enjoy doing flash fiction and the such because it helps strengthen me as a writer. There is a piece I've been trying to write as of late, I can see the character clearly in my head, although I'm not entirely sure of her back story. I know that she's a lesbian, but I'm not going to give away any more. Once I have it ready for outside eyes, I will put it up on here.

That's about it for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment