Saturday, March 23, 2013

How to Write Torture

For the first time in my writing career, I've written torture.

Not pleasurable, both parties enjoying themselves torture, or torture that is pre-consented punishment for a bad deed. This was quite literally torture for the sake of one sadistic party. The only orgasm that is given during the scene is that of the sadist.

This was supposed to be written as a first person, self degradation scene, but because I don't know how to write self-degradation that's supposedly non-fiction, I wrote it as a scene of fiction. I don't know if the person that I wrote it for is happy with it because I've yet to hear a review.

However, doing this writing style has really shown me that I have some places that I am lacking as a writer. Usually, I'm a writer of sexual things, of torturous things, but usually the torture is for mutual pleasure. To write something truly like de Sade takes me out of my element. Not that i don't have some kinky stories, I usually write stories about pleasure.

Granted, there are themes that are adult (consensual rape, under age characters, sometimes a character that is entranced by a creature of another species), but the pleasure (the majority of the time) is given to all the characters capable of pleasure. I've never written something where a character is to be tortured with only one character's enjoyment.

When I was writing it, I had to take myself out of the equation, and I had to remember that there was no reason to feel bad for the character being tortured. The story that I've written is not traditional captured victim being tortured by someone they didn't know (which would have made for a sympathetic character). My victim knew her attacker, she knew the parameter of their relationship, and knew that he would do that to her whenever the idea struck him, he would do it to her.

I think I might post it on here, of course with a nice big WARNING for people that might stumble upon it accidentally. I wonder how many people have written torture, and if so: was it for their own pleasure, was it accidentally written, was it something they were comfortable writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment